Annual Reviews is a nonprofit publisher of highly cited reviews that synthesize the research literature in a clear and compelling style to stimulate discussion about the science that shapes our lives.
Journalists, bloggers and writers tell us that we’re a “go-to resource” when it comes to researching the background on a story or on days when they have to deliver a piece and inspiration is thin on the ground!
Reading our reviews is like “being transported into the laboratory of the leading scientists in the area, who explain what’s going on in the field”. They come away with a richer understanding than they could gain in any other way.
To access this highly cited content that spans 47 disciplines within the Biomedical, Life, Physical, and Social Sciences including Economics all you have to do is email your writing credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s that simple.
If you use Annual Reviews content, please credit the Author/s and the name of the journal. You are welcome to link directly to our article and if you do so, let us know beforehand (email address as above) and we will provide your readers with complimentary access.
Annual Reviews is a treasured writers resource because every article:
- Synthesizes the most significant research contributions on the most critical topics
- Provides a thorough and balanced understanding of a subject from invited experts
- Helps situate research within current understanding of a topic, including what is well supported and what is controversial.
- Explores the interface between fields as most progress takes place at the confluence of two or more fields. We enable researchers to reach across disciplinary boundaries.
- Provides historical context and sweeping panoramas of where research fields originated, where they stand now, and where they should go.
- Poses compelling questions for the future.
- Outlines practical applications and the broad general significance of research to the wider public.
- Stands as a testament to human ingenuity in terms of our understanding of nature, the universe, and the human condition.
Annual Reviews is also a proud early sponsor of the World Conference of Science Journalists taking place in San Francisco in 2017. We look forward to providing you with Free WiFi for a day and meeting you all there! To find out more about the event you can sign up for the conference newsletter.