Good news from the Folio Awards: Knowable Magazine has won the Ozzie Award for Design, New Magazine > Consumer/Custom.
The digital-only publication also received honorary mentions in the following categories:
- Launch, New Magazine, Consumer
- Essays and Criticism, Consumer: What makes a tree a tree?
- Profile or Q&A, Consumer: Making the case against memories as evidence
- Series or Single Article, Consumer > Science & Technology: Special Report: Persuasion
- Series or Single Article, Consumer > Science & Technology: There goes the night
- Visual Digital Storytelling, Consumer: Unpersuasive: Why arguing about climate change often doesn’t work
For the full list of winners, see: https://www.foliomag.com/go/2018-eddie-and-ozzie-awards/
Knowable Magazine explores the real-world significance of scholarly research through a journalistic lens. Using plain English and providing necessary context, Knowable Magazine reports on the current state of play across a wide variety of fields, with occasional forays into wonder and awe.
This initiative receives support from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation and the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.